Today is the first day of spring! Time to get started on that spring cleaning. When you think about spring cleaning your home, dusting and vacuuming usually come to mind. However, people should add HVAC cleaning to the top of their spring cleaning checklist. Below are some tips that will help you HVAC system spring forward!
- Give your ceiling fan a thorough cleaning. Remember to turn the fan off before cleaning it!
- Change the batteries in your carbon monoxide and smoke detectors. It is also a good idea to give your detectors a good dusting. Just another way to keep them performing in tip top shape!
- Seal any air leaks that are located near windows or doors with caulk. This will help maintain a more consistent temperature in your home. In addition, it can save you money on your utility costs. Talk about a win-win situation!
- Replace air filters in your furnace and air conditioning unit. Doing so on a regular basis will extend the lifespan of your HVAC equipment and keep them in tip top shape.
- Last but certainly not least, inspect your heating and air conditioning equipment.
If you discover anything awry with your HVAC system, turn to the professional technicians at Blue Mountain. Our technicians are great at troubleshooting the problem at hand. Call (540) 942-2700 and we’ll get to the bottom of it for you.
Web Source: http://www.hgtv.com/design/decorating/clean-and-organize/spring-cleanup-list-begins-with-hvac