Spring Plumbing Tips
Posted on March 25th, 2016 by BlueMountain
It’s hard to believe that spring has sprung! The changing of the seasons can have an impact on your home. Even your plumbing system will be affected by this change. Below are some plumbing tips to keep in mind this season.
Kitchen & Bathroom Plumbing Fixtures
- Check your faucets and toilets for leaks. It is important that you have any leaks fixed as soon as possible.
- You can prevent future clogs by putting drain strainers on all of your drains.
The Water Heater
- Remember to drain your water heater at least once a year. It will help prevent sediment buildup in the storage tank.
- Water heaters have an expected lifespan of 10 – 15 years. If your water heater is past its prime, it’s time for a replacement.
Outdoor Plumbing Fixtures
- Inspect the outdoor hose bib and water supply pipe for leaks. If you spot any, have them patched up by a professional plumber.
- Make sure that your gutters drains and downspouts are free of debris.
Do you have a plumbing problem that can only be addressed by a professional plumber? If so, turn to Blue Mountain Plumbing, Heating and Cooling. We proudly serve Harrisonburg, Waynesboro, and Staunton, Virginia. Call 877-280-5777 for all of your plumbing needs.
Web Source: http://www.
homeharmonizing.com/2014/05/ 10/15-easy-plumbing-tips-for- the-spring-season/