There is no denying that all HVAC equipment has an expected lifespan. However, if you want your HVAC equipment to exceed this lifespan, maintenance is the key. Below are some tips that will keep your HVAC equipment in tip top shape.
- Buy the air filter that is perfect for your equipment. Today’s high efficiency filters are bound to improve your indoor air quality.
- Remember to change the air filters once a month. Clean air filters will help your equipment perform at peak efficiency.
- There should be at least two feet of space between outdoor air conditioners and vegetation.
- Remove any debris from outdoor air conditioners and heat pumps.
- Check your refrigerant lines monthly. If it is damaged, have it repaired promptly.
- Once a year, make sure that your outdoor air conditioner or heat pump is situated on solid ground.
- Replace the battery in your carbon monoxide and smoke detectors each year.
Since the cooling season is upon us, don’t forget to have your A/C unit tuned up! It pays to maintain the most expensive and critical system in your home. You’ll save on system replacement costs and enjoy lower monthly energy bills. Call (540) 942-2700 today to schedule an appointment.
Web Source: http://www.houselogic.com/home-advice/heating-cooling/hvac-maintenance/