Tips To Prevent Plumbing Problems During The Summer
Posted on June 12th, 2017 by BlueMountain
The summer season is near, and the only water you should have spraying around your home is from your sprinkler! Keep these plumbing tips in mind to help you prevent any plumbing problems for the next few months.
- Fix leaky faucets or showers. The amount of water that’s leaking may seem insignificant, but overtime, it can cause costly repairs. Not to mention the gallons of water wasted.
- Clear slow drains. Check out how the pros at Blue Mountain clear a drain properly. Thankfully, it only takes a few minutes to get it flowing again.
- Check your garbage disposal. This is often a common source of leaks that easily goes unnoticed. Before you put your hand down the drain, check to see if it’s one of these three problems first.
- Inspect the septic system. Septic tank pumping is an important factor in avoiding main line stoppage or sewer backup.
- Maintain your sewer main. Keep note of how your sewer main line is functioning and how long it takes between stoppages. Regular maintenance can help prevent this from occurring.
- Check your sprinkler system. Sprinkler systems often run late at night or early in the morning, when you don’t see them in action. So, make sure you do a test run before the season starts.
- Plant carefully. Are you adding to your garden this season? Take into consideration your plants or shrubs roots, they can grow and infringe on water lines in the ground.
- Examine washer hoses. When it comes to your washing machine, look out for cracked, bulging, or leaking hoses. We all know we’re going to have an excess of laundry this season.
When it comes to fixing major plumbing jobs, leave it to the pros. If you need an experienced plumber in Harrisonburg, Waynesboro, and Staunton, choose Blue Mountain Plumbing, Heating and Cooling. Visit our website or call 877-280-5777 to schedule a service or repair.