Do I Need a Hard Water Treatment System?
Posted on April 1st, 2019 by BlueMountain
With all of the mineral deposits in our local soil, the water supply in Virginia can often be hard. Although hard water doesn’t always taste bad (but it can!) it can have a number of ill effects. Many local property owners call into Blue Mountain Plumbing, Heating and Cooling asking if issues that they are seeing in their home or business are potentially being caused by hard water, and wondering if there is an easy way to correct the problems that they are experiencing. And, the good news is, that if we find that you do have a hard water supply on your property, the majority of hard water’s effects can be corrected with the installation of a hard water treatment system.
Hard Water Problems
Hard water can cause a number of issues throughout your home and even on your body. If you are experiencing any of the following issues, you may have a hard water supply at your home or business:
- Cloudy water When you fill your teapot, pasta pan or a glass for drinking, do you notice that the water is cloudy? This is one of the top signs that hard water can be plaguing your home.
- Loss of suds Hard water can reduce the ability of hand soap, shampoo, laundry soap and dish detergent to suds up and clean properly.
- Residue on glasses Are your glasses, dishes and silverware coming out of your dishwasher with spots and residue? Again, hard water is most likely the culprit.
- Eats away at plumbing fixtures Over time, the minerals in hard water can eat away at plumbing fixtures and pipes.
- Appliances suffer, too As with your plumbing fixtures, appliances that use your home’s water supply to function (coffee maker, dishwasher, ice maker, etc…) will slowly deteriorate from the minerals in hard water.
- Dull hair and skin Residents in homes with hard water often suffer from dull, dry skin and lackluster hair.
Hard Water Solutions
Although hard water can cause a number of issues, it can easily be remedied. The professional installation of a hard water treatment system can correct all of the above stated issues.
At Blue Mountain Plumbing, Heating and Cooling we install and service numerous brands of hard water treatment systems, but many of our professional plumbers prefer Water Right Water Softeners.
“Good water is essential to good health and a happy home. Water-Right has been creating innovative, highly effective solutions since 1963. Backed by comprehensive support, our expertly designed extensive water treatment product lines include water softeners, residential water filtration systems, drinking water filtration systems, and more. Let us improve the quality of your life.” – Water-Right.com
Water Right hard water treatment systems are dependable, long-lasting and user friendly. And they have excellent results in properties of all sizes, for families with all types of water demands.
Soften Hard Water Today
If you suspect that your property has a hard water supply, or you suffer from any of the hard water problems listed out above, give us a call today. We will send a water quality expert out to your property to perform a water test and recommend the best water treatment solution based on the results.