Do I Need Air Conditioner Repair In Harrisonburg, VA
Posted on September 4th, 2018 by BlueMountain
As we begin to approach the end of a long and hot Harrisonburg summer, your central air conditioning system may be in need of some service and/or repairs. Not sure if your unit is due for some much-needed TLC? We have asked our air conditioning experts to put together a list of signals that your cooling equipment may be using to let you know that it is time to call in a professional HVAC technician.
How Do I Know If my air conditioner needs repair?
Here are the most common signs that you need to schedule air conditioner repair service:
- Noises. Have you noticed that your central air conditioning system sounds louder than usual? Or is it making a consistently loud humming noise or producing loud (and sudden!) bangs? A worn out part or debris in your outdoor equipment may be to blame.
- Warm air. Does the air in your home feel warmer – or even hotter – than usual? This may be a sign that your air conditioner has an issue that is preventing it from running efficiently and keeping up with the household demand for cold air.
- Puddles. From small drips to larger pools of water, does your air conditioner seem to have sprung a leak? You may have a frozen, clogged or broken drainage line.
- It stinks. Is there a musty, moldy or burnt smell wafting through you home when you’re a/c kicks on? From dirty ducts to frayed wires, a bad smell can signify a major issue.
- Big bills. A climbing electric bill during air conditioning season usually points to an inefficient a/c system. Whether it’s been a while since you have scheduled your last tune up, or a broken part or clogged vent, scheduling service will get to the bottom of the sudden strain on your wallet.
- It’s been a decade. If your home’s air conditioning unit is 10 plus years old, scheduling service is an important way to ensure that you are providing your family with cool air in a safe manner. As units age they not only lose efficiency, but parts can wear out and break, causing unsafe operating.
Have you experienced any of the above signs with your central air conditioner? Give us a call today: 540-434-7019. We will have an HVAC technician – that is a licensed, insured and certified professional – come out and provide same day air conditioner repair in Harrisonburg, Fishersville, and the surrounding towns.