Don’t Let It Down The Drain
Posted on January 12th, 2017 by BlueMountain
Keeping your drains clean are just as important to your family’s health and your home’s comfort as wiping down your kitchen counters. But, generally, when you think of regular home cleaning, our drains tend to be “out of sight, out of mind.” Prevent clogged drains in your home with these preventative measure from our plumbers, and don’t forget to keep up with your regular home maintenance as well!
How to keep drains clog-free:
– Place mesh screens over all your drains to block any hair or food particles from escaping down your pipes.
– Take preventative measures with your garbage disposal. Flush cold water before, during, and after use. Cold water helps prevent food particles from attaching to the inside of your pipes.
– Brush your hair immediately before showering to remove the majority of loose hair.
– Invest in a quality plunger or drain snake.
– Try not to use chemical cleaners to clean your drain, it can cause corrosion. Use our homemade drain cleaners instead.
– Watch what you flush and don’t treat your drains like a garbage can!
What NOT to put down your drain:
– Grease, fats, or oils from cooking
– Coffee grounds
– Egg shells
– Meat, poultry, and fish bones
– Pasta, rice, and breads
– Paper towels
*Keep the golden rule for drains in mind – when in doubt, throw it out!
When your drains are clogged, it’s always an unexpected inconvenience. That’s where the professionals at Blue Mountain Plumbing, Heating & Cooling come in. We can clean your drains no matter how dirty they are. Best of all, our work is guaranteed 100% – this kind of work isn’t draining for us. Give us a call at 877-280-5777 and we’ll wash your troubles away!