Finding a Qualified HVAC Contractor
Posted on November 2nd, 2018 by BlueMountain
Halloween is a spooky time of year. With countless cobwebs, jack-o-lanterns and little ghouls and goblins running around you can be frightened at any moment. And, for those of you that are considering installing a new home heating system before the winter weather fully sets in, we know that a real scare can come when you are trying to find a reliable and professional HVAC contractor in and around Harrisonburg, VA.
Finding a qualified HVAC contractor does not have to be scary. And you don’t need to be haunted by a decision to hire the wrong company. Here are eight questions to ask when hiring a home heating technician:
- Are they licensed and insured? Any HVAC contractor that you consider should have a license and carry liability insurance. Ask for copies of each before any work begins. Blue Mountain is a fully insured Class A Virginia licensed Mechanical Contractor. We encourage all customers to visit the Virginia Department of Professional and Occupation Regulation to review our current plumbing, HVAC, gas fitting, electrical and contractor’s license.
- How many years have they been in business? You don’t want to hire a fly-by-night contractor when it comes to something as important as your home’s heating system. Make sure that the company you select is well established in your area. Blue Mountain has proudly been serving Virginia customers since 2002.
- Can you speak to a past customer? Installing a new HVAC system in your home is a big investment. Always ask the HVAC Contractor for the contact information for past customers. And be sure to speak to the provided referrals about their experience with the company. Click here for a list of our recent customers and to see what they are saying about their services from Blue Mountain.
- What is the HVAC contractor’s rating with the BBB? Did you know that the Better Business Bureau was founded 100+ years ago? They have been helping to keep consumers safe since 1912. Search their website at www.BBB.org to do some research on the contractor, including how long they have been in business, their overall BBB rating and customer reviews. Read about Blue Mountain and our A+ rating with the BBB site by clicking here.
- What do their Google reviews say? Google provides an easy way for customers to review their experiences with local companies and organizations. The reviews can be sorted to show the ‘newest’ reviews so that you can read recent and relevant comments about the business. Click here to read ours!
- Where is their physical address? Always make sure that any contractor that you hire has a local address. And while you are at it, check to see if they have a website, a valid email and a working telephone number. Blue Mountain is headquartered at 1744 Jefferson Highway in Fishersville, VA and 1951 Evelyn Byrd Avenue, Suite G in Harrisonburg, VA. Click here for all of our contact information.
- Will they put it in writing? Always get a write up of the work to be performed, the timeline of the installation and the price/payment terms of your heating job in writing.
Don’t get tricked into hiring the wrong HVAC contractor. Treat yourself by asking all potential heating companies the 8 questions above.