This Is What Happens When You Don’t Have A Dehumidifier
Posted on October 3rd, 2017 by Blue Mountain
If you live somewhere that seems to have a dampness problem, it’s time to look at dehumidifiers. Why? Because too much warm, moist air isn’t good for your home. Here are 5 signs that will help you determine if you’re living with excess moisture.
1. Mold spots
If you’ve noticed small dark spots around your home, you have a mold problem. Since mold grows where there’s excess moisture, this only occurs when you lack proper ventilation.
This can be from a humidifier or improper window and door seals. Again, a dehumidifier can most likely combat this issue.
3. Water run off
Does your basement flood with water every time there’s a storm? A basement dehumidifier can help by removing the extra moisture from the air.
4. Musty odors
A musty odor usually means there’s mildew or mold present, both of whom thrive on moisture, as mentioned above.
Too much moisture in the air can cause airborne allergens such as dust mites and mold spores to spread. This can make your home very uncomfortable, especially for people who are prone to allergies.
At Blue Mountain Plumbing, Heating, and Cooling, your comfort is our number one priority. We offer indoor air quality services that include air purification and filtration, air-to-air exchanger, humidifiers and dehumidifiers, and more. We proudly serve Harrisonburg, Waynesboro, and Staunton, Virginia. Call 877-280-5777 to learn more or to schedule a service.