How To Keep Your Cool
Posted on May 29th, 2015 by BlueMountain
The official start to summer is just around the corner. Are you ready for another sweltering summer in Virginia? If not, keeping reading. Below are some tips and tricks to help you beat the heat.
- Have your air conditioner tuned up annually to keep it in tip top shape.
- Keep the windows and doors shut during the day. It will help keep the heat and humidity out.
- Your ceiling fan can be used as an addition to your existing HVAC system. Make sure the blades rotate counter-clockwise.
- Set the thermostat to 78 degrees.
- Make sure there are no leaks in your duct work. If you spot them, it is important to have them sealed.
- Change the air filter in your air conditioner once a month or as needed.
- If you are in the market for a new air conditioner, consider energy efficient options.
No air conditioning is not cool with us. If you experience problems with your cooling system, don’t fret. Turn to the cooling experts at Blue Mountain Plumbing, Heating and Cooling. Our technicians are great at troubleshooting. They will get you and your family back to comfortable. Call 877-280-5777 to schedule service.
Web Source: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/keep-house-cool-23-tips.html