How To Keep Your House Warm This Season
Posted on November 13th, 2015 by BlueMountain
In the chilly fall and winter months, staying warm at home is the name of the game. You could blast the heat in your home. However, most homeowners know that this will cost you. Below are some alternative tips that will keep your house warm and toasty all season long.
Around the House
- Open the curtains on sunny days to let natural light and warmth in.
- Consider adding additional insulation to your home and attic.
- Insulate any exposed pipes in your home.
- Do not heat rooms that you do not use on a regular basis.
- Seal air leaks in your home. Be sure to caulk around windows and weatherstrip around doors.
- Have a programmable thermostat installed in your home.
- Keep your thermostat at 68 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remember to change the air filters every month or as needed.
- Schedule a tune-up for your heating system with one of our professionals.
If your heating system is not heating things up in your home, it’s time for a new one. Turn to the pros at Blue Mountain Plumbing, Heating & Cooling for an installation. We’re not your average heating company. Once you work with us, you won’t hesitate to recommend Blue Mountain to a friend or family member. Call 877-280-5777 today to schedule service.