How To Save Energy While The A/C Unit is Running
Posted on July 31st, 2015 by BlueMountain
During the summer, homeowners across the country rely on their air conditioners to keep cool. However, this can certainly take its toll on your energy bills. Fortunately, there are ways to save energy while the A/C unit is running. The pros at Blue Mountain Plumbing, Heating and Cooling are here with helpful tips for your cooling system.
- Set your thermostat to a higher temperature at night. After all, you won’t notice the temperature change when you are sleeping.
- Utilize your window air conditioner. Running your central air conditioner all day and night will result in a costly energy bill.
- If you haven’t already, have your A/C unit serviced by one of the technicians at Blue Mountain Plumbing, Heating and Cooling.
- Use your ceiling fan as an addition to your cooling system. It will help circulate cooled air from your A/C unit throughout your home.
- Are some of the air vents in your home covered by pieces of furniture? If so, you may need to do some rearranging.
If your air conditioner stops working for any reason, the technicians at Blue Mountain Plumbing, Heating and Cooling are here to help. We can advise on whether you need a repair or a replacement. Call 877-280-5777 to schedule service.
Web Source: http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/10-ways-to-save-energy-when-ai-120022