How To Use Your Heating System Safely
Posted on December 18th, 2015 by BlueMountain
- Do not put anything within 3 feet of your furnace.
- Make sure children do not play near the furnace.
- Have your furnace inspected and tuned up annually by a professional technician.
- A space heater should be installed in your home by a heating expert.
- It is important to use the correct type of fuel for your particular space heater.
- Always shut off space heaters when leaving the room or going to sleep.
Smoke Detectors and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- If you do not already, have smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors installed throughout your home.
- Remember to test smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors once a month.
- Be sure to change the batteries in battery operated alarms and detectors.
We hope that these tips keep you safe and warm this winter. Should you experience any issues with your heating system, call 877-280-5777. You’ll be glad you did!