My water tastes bad, what can I do? Harrisonburg VA Water Quality Tips
Posted on July 9th, 2019 by BlueMountain
Cooking, cleaning, bathing, drinking – your home’s water supply is used in a lot of important day-to-day tasks. And you probably use your home’s water throughout the day without giving it much thought. But, your thoughts are sure to focus in on it if the taste of your house’s water suddenly changes. Bad tasting water can ruin a quick glass of water, soil the taste of your ice, and even change the flavor of your favorite dish. But what can you do?
Causes of Bad Tasting Water
If your water all suddenly begins to taste (or smell) foul, there is certainly a reason behind the change. A few of the top reasons for bad tasting water are:
- A local factory or farm could have dumped harmful chemicals or pesticides close by.
- Town or household piping could be contaminated.
- If you have city water, your municipal water treatment plant could be treating the water with different processes or chemicals.
- If you are on a well, ground minerals could be altering the taste.
Your water heater could be dirty, with sludge, dirt and debris altering the taste of the water running through it. (A professional flush and drain service on your water heater should be done annually. It cleans the tank, adding life to the unit and keeping your water clean and healthy!)
Solution to Bad Tasting Water
The first step in solving the problem of bad tasting water is to have it tested. Schedule a water quality expert to come out to your home and test your water supply. This test will pinpoint the issue and determine if your water is safe to use and consume. Once the water test points out the water’s contaminants, the cause of the bad taste is usually identifiable. Unfortunately, this cause is often outside of your home and your control.
What now? The best solution for the issue of bad tasting water is to have a whole house water filtration system installed . A professional plumber can help you find the system that will solve your water issues while meeting the demands of your home and the needs of your family.
Benefits of a Water Filtration System
A water filtration system is not only great for keeping your water tasting great. A filtration system offers numerous other benefits including:
- provides healthier, clearer water removes potentially harmful contaminants
- increases the operating life of water-using appliances
- saves money on bottled water
- decreases the need for cleaning soap scum and mildew
- produces cleaner clothes and dishes
- reveals more radiant skin and hair
Contact Blue Mountain Plumbing Today
Interested in providing your family with better tasting, healthier water at home? Contact the plumbing professionals at Blue Mountain Plumbing, Heating and Cooling today. Call us at 877-280-5777 or click here to reach out to us online.