Save Money on Water Heating Costs With These Tips
Posted on November 20th, 2015 by BlueMountain
You will need warm water in your home no matter what time of year it is. However, hot water becomes even more essential during the fall and winter months. Want to save money on your water heating costs this season? If so, below are some helpful tips.
- Have leaks fixed as soon as you spot them.
- Only run the dishwasher if you have a full load.
- Instead of taking a long hot bath, take a quick shower.
- Set your water heater to 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Avoid leaving the water on while you brush your teeth or wash the dishes.
- Have low flow shower heads, toilets and faucets installed throughout your home.
- Put a jacket or blanket on your hot water heater.
- If you are in the market for a new laundry machine or dishwasher, consider purchasing an Energy Star appliance.
We hope that these tips will help you save money on your water heating costs. If your water heater is on its last legs, turn to the pros at Blue Mountain Plumbing, Heating and Cooling for a replacement. We are fully licensed, insured and have many years of experience in the residential plumbing industry. Call 877-280-5777 to schedule an appointment that is convenient for you.