It is no secret that furnaces can leak carbon monoxide. This poses a problem to homeowners across the country because it is a deadly gas. If there is a carbon monoxide leak in your home, it can be very detrimental to your health. No homeowner wants that. Below are some steps you can take to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Make sure that you have smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors located in every level of the house.
- Remember to place new batteries in your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Be sure to open the flues when you are utilizing a fireplace.
- Generators should never be used inside the home.
- Space heaters should only be used in well-ventilated places.
- Never use a gas oven to heat the house.
- Check your appliances, chimneys, and vents for corrosion.
- Have your heating system inspected at least once a year by a professional.
A well maintained furnace can preserve your family’s health and well-being. Trust the professionals at Blue Mountain to keep your family safe and warm this winter. Our Precision Care Maintenance Program ensures that your furnace is working safely. Give us a call at (540) 942-2700 for peace of mind.
Web Source: http://www.webmd.com/children/